COMMUNICATION METHODS USED IN THE MEDIA:
- Youtube (Vlogs)
JOURNALISTIC COMMUNICATION METHODS:
- Leaflet and Flyers
- A leaflet is used to persuade the reader to do something.
- We can receive leaflets;
-through the post
-when someone hands them to you
-magazines and newspaper
-when you order things online
- codes and conventions of leaflets;
-they use lots of pictures to catch peoples eye
-they use legible font so everyone can read it
Radio and news
- Radio and news is to keep us informed (globally)
- Some examples of these are ; Radio 4, Radio 5 Live etc
- Codes and conventions
-VoxPoP (opinions on the news story)
-Travel news and updates
- TV news is to inform people
- Some examples of this is BBC news, 60 second news etc
- Codes and Conventions;
-the news readers look into the camera to talk directly you
-well spoken news readers
Websites and blogs
- Websites and blogs are used to entertain and educate
- some examples are tumble, wordpress, facebook, twitter etc
- Codes and conventions;
-text and image variety
-eye catching (colourful, imagery)
- a newspaper is used to inform and sometimes entertain.
- you can get tabloid and broadsheet newspapers
- Some exampled of tabloid newspapers are;
-The Daily Mail
-The Daily Star
- Examples of broadsheet newspapers are;
CODES AND CONVENTIONS OF TABLOID AND BROARDSHEET NEWSPAPERS:
The Daily telegraph front cover analysis
- It has a big image which represents the importance of the article
- The image is of a well knows building so people know where it is set instantly by looking at the image.
- The image contains anchorage for extra reassurance of where the article is set
- There is lots of text on the front which suggests the amount of text the news paper will contain throughout
- ‘The Daily Telegraph’ in a traditional font which appeals to the target audience which is age 30+ and middle/upper class people.
- The price is 90p which also links to the target audience of middle/upper class people.
The Sun front cover analysis
- The picture takes up most of the room on the front cover, this appeals to the target audience which is age 18-30 and working class.
- small football advertisement could also suggest the target audience is aimed at males.
- ‘The Sun’ is in red, which is a rememerable logo, but also could signify the urgency of the newspaper.
- The price is 30p which appeals to the target audience (working class)